Entries with tag "django"
October 28, 2013
Django Extensions SQLDiff command is looking for somebody with MySQL skills to help out.
In the GIT version of Django-Extensions we improved support for detecting NOT NULL changes in database. However this is currently only implemented for SQLite and PostgreSQL. We would like for the MySQL support to not lag behind the other backends.
So are you using MySQL and have 30 mins to an hour to spare ? Then consider helping out and add notnull_differ support for MySQL to SQLDiff :)
Link to get started: https://github.com/django-extensions/django-extensions/blob/master/django_extensions/management/commands/sqldiff.py#L506
October 22, 2013
Django-Extensions version 1.2.5 is as a bug fix release for 1.2.4.
Fixes two bugs in admin extensions:
- Fix autocomplete image pixel
October 19, 2013
Django-Extensions version 1.2.4 got released as a bug fix release for 1.2.3.
Turns out I made a small packaging mistake and the new templates for graph_models where not included in the release.
October 17, 2013
Django-Extensions version 1.2.3 is out :)
Bringing the usual bug fixes, improvements, etc.
Special this time is that a bunch of extensions that had not seen changes in a long time got some new love. A special thanks for the contributions to SQLDiff and graph_models this time around.
A new version of SYNC_MEDIA_S3 was also merged, now simply called sync_s3. The old version sync_media_s3 still exists but will be deleted around march 2014. Please give the new version a try if your using this ! :)
- sqldiff support for doing diffs involving many-to-many relations
- sqldiff support finding missing foreignkey relations
- sqldiff now supports Table Inheritance
- graph_models now supports both pygraphviz and pydot
- graph_models refactored use of django templates so it's easier to change and extend
- graph_models sort items and make sure primary_key and foreignkeys are always on top
- graph_models (hopefully) make database relations (primary key and foreignkey) more clear
- graph_models do not hide foreign keys from attribute list (added option for if you want to hide this)
- graph_models allow to specify default values in settings file for graph_models command
- graph_models show inheritance arrows per default
- shell_plus Added SHELL_PLUS_PRE_IMPORTS and SHELL_PLUS_POST_IMPORTS which allow for including additional import directives before the shell starts.
- pipchecker now uses more colors if shell supports it
- runserver_plus add color support to werkzeug server logs
- jobs add minutely for completeness sake
- NEW: added indentby templatetag. Useful for text template where indentation matters.
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY: removed old hacks to be compatible with Django <r9110
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY: reset_db remove support for Django <1.2
- FIX: runprofileserver support Python 3.3 and Django 1.6
- FIX: jobs raise JobError when job does not exist
- FIX: reset_db set default router
- FIX: autocomplete field Fix unicode error in admin autocomplete field
- FIX: runscript now uses INSTALLED_APPS instead of get_apps() to discover scripts so it does not depend on apps having a models.py file.
- FIX: print_user_for_session to support Django 1.5.4 and up
- FIX: pipchecker handle tar and zip files a bit more gracefully
August 25, 2013
Django-Extensions version 1.2.0 is out now ! :)
- More Python 3 support
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY: Fixes to the UUID field might break backwards compatibility
- FEATURE: hook in dumpscript to control execution during run_import
- FEATURE: add --prof-file option to runprofileserver
- FEATURE: provide configurable way to obtain Keyczar class
- FEATURE: IPv6 and FQDN address support in runserver_plus
- FEATURE: runserver_plus setting for default address/port in settings.py
- FEATURE: added trvis status image
- FIX: JSONField did not allow empty list as default value
- FIX: support Django 1.5 swappable User model
- FIX: runserver_plus to serve static files correctly
- FIX: make spatialite work with reset_db
- FIX: sqldiff missing varchar size under PostGreSQL
- FIX: removed fallback uuid module
- FIX: sqlcreate use client hostname not database server hostname for grant
- FIX: graphmodels version comparison for 0.36 work around
March 8, 2013
Another bugfix release of Django-Extensions hits the deck.
- FIX: pipchecker, fix typos
- FIX: pipchecker, improve message when installed version is newer then on pypi
- FIX: pipchecker, use urllib2 instead of requests
- FIX: sqldiff, fix for bigserial support
March 2, 2013
We just released version 1.1.0 of Django-Extensions.
This version brings initial support for both Django 1.5 and Python 3.3 !
Thanks to fhahn and Mikolaj Romel for their help on this.
- Python 3.3 support
- Django 1.5 support
- PACKAGING: Added license file to source distribution
- FEATURE: Add pipchecker command for reporting out-of-date requirements
- FEATURE: Allow to set uuidfield max_length
- FEATURE: dumpscript got hooks to override save and locate calls
- FEATURE: notes command now also support WARNING and NOTE annotations
- FEATURE: shell_plus command now support settings SHELL_PLUS variable in settings file which indicated with interactive python shell to use.
- DOCS: Fixed documentation which was messing up the table of content.
- FIX: Added empty migration to make south happy :)
- FIX: UUID never appears on admin form
- FIX: reset_db would set OWNER = None when executed without db user
- FIX: shell_plus disabled using pythonrc per default.
January 27, 2013
A new version of Django-Extensions just hit PyPi :)
We call it: 1.0.3
- FEATURE: notes command now shows BUG tags
- FEATURE: support SSL in runserver_plus
- DOCS: Better documentation for runserver plus
- DOCS: Better documentation for runscript command
- FIX: truncation on admin widgets
- FIX: allow AutoSlugField to work with inherited models.
- FIX: show_templatetags command
- FIX: RSA public key check for keyzcar encrypted fields
- FIX: graph_models command for Django 1.5
December 16, 2012
Minor version update Django-Extensions 1.0.2 is out.
This release fixes the following problems:
tests: fix keyzcar test failure:
ImproperlyConfigured: You must set the ENCRYPTED_FIELD_KEYS_DIR setting to your Keyczar keys directory.
fields: fix docstring for UUID
docs: Make README links clickable and organized.
show_urls: Revive --unsorted option
Added LoggingBaseCommand that logs run time errors to Python logger django.commands
November 8, 2012
Minor version update Django-Extensions 1.0.1 is out.
This release fixes the following problems:
- spelling typo in README
- tests: shebang line in run_tests.py
- logging: Fix compatibility with python 2.6
- media: Fix media directory in packaging